March 29, 2023
7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Join PNW Parent Education as we partner with Jo Langford, M.A., to bring you Consent at Every Age: Why and How We Need to Talk to Our Young People About Consent. Virtual talk is on March 29 from 7-8:30pm. Register at https://tinyurl.com/pnwconsent
With our evolution both culturally and technologically, a new awareness is emerging about why and how we need to speak to our young people about consent. In this talk with Jo Langford, M.A., we will take a deep dive into all things consent, including:
- A comparison of passive and affirmative consent
- A breakdown of the biggest hurdles and potholes young people face with regard to consent, and how we can counterbalance them.
- Definitions and discussions of concepts such as true consent, virginity and rape culture
- Primers on gender issues, adolescent brain development and best practices for negotiating consent with screens
- Tips and tricks for parents, a healthy dose of Q&A and a few fun games
About Jo Langford
Jo Langford is a dad, a Master’s level therapist, author, and sex educator for tweens, teens, and parents in Seattle, Washington. For the last 20 years, Jo has worked in the intersection of adolescence, sexuality, technology, and behavior. His work promotes healthy, positive, and safe sexual and social behavior.
About PNW Parent Education
PNW Parent Education is a local nonprofit that brings the best experts in the nation to speak to our community on crucial parenting topics such as mental health, digital safety, equality, privilege/overindulgence, and more. Every quarter, we offer FREE, high-quality parent education events geared towards families, caretakers, and educators. We believe that better-informed families make stronger communities.